(See photos at:http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=44043&l=6bf15&id=562630970
You do not need a Facebook account for this. It is a public link. )
We had a great day today! We went to the Summer Palace and to see the Olympic buildings. The Summer Palace is and old Emperor's Summer residence. It is absolutely beautiful! The artwork is incredible. I was so happy!!!! Until my batteries died in my camera!!! ugh! I ended up borrowing some and then buying some at the exit of the site, for 15 yuan (about $2) while being scolded by our guide for paying too much, lol.
Then we were able to drive by the Olympic Site, including the Ice Cube and the Nest. However, we were advised before we went that we wouldn't likely be able to stop to take pictures, but we would drive by very slowly, and, as our guide advised, if there were no police around, we could stop quickly to take pictures. SO when the bus stopped, try to imagine how quickly we got out of it!!! Lol
After the pictures, we went to a beautiful Tea House, for a free Tea Tasting. We tasted 5 different kinds of tea, including White Tea, Lychee/Black Tea, Ulong Tea, Pure Tea and Jasmine Tea.
I'm having great difficulty handling the smoke everywhere here. I'm sneezing and wheezing all the time! But it's all for a good cause!!!!
Craig's sitting next to me watching a soap opera in Mandarin. I personally think he's just liking the pretty asian ladies!!! lol
We just finished repacking all of our stuff for our trip to Nanning tomorrow. We leave tomorrow, and we had to separate out stuff because we can't bring all of it to Nanning. So we leave some here until we come back to Beijing next week, and only bring the strict minimum. Being a new parent, we have no idea what the strict minimum is.... It's been a challenge!!!
Off to bed now! Not sure when we'll have internet access again, so no promises! But we will blog as soon as we can!!!
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi M-F and Craig,
I check 3-4 times per day for updates on how your trip is going. Enjoyed the pics. Good luck on the next phase of your journey, emotions must be rocketing. I know internet access is not easy there so post when you can. All our best to both of you... soon to be three!!!
cheers
Sounds like your enjoying the trip so far.
Love your blog and the pics, pls keep them coming. Cannot wait to see the photos of your Gotcha Day. Take care and enjoy the rest of your trip. The other Noella...
Hi Marie-France & Craig!
I'm so glad that things are going well and that you are 'taking it all in'. I enjoyed the pictures...Marie-France, you look great!
Take care and all the best!
Peggy
Post a Comment