We leave in two days.
There's still so much to do, but I need a break, so I though I would blog a little.
We're in the middle of a snowstorm. Better now than a couple of days from now! I'm wondering how Julia will react to all this snow, when we finally arive home with her. From sub-tropical to this! That should be interesting!
I'm wondering how we will fit everything we want to bring itto our suitcases. Looks like we'll have pretty heavy carry-ons, lol... I kow some people manage to do all of this with just carry-on, but I have no idea how they an do that. I know if I was told I had to just bring carry-on, I'm not sure I could make it. And it's not even stuff for me! The stuff we're bringing for Craig and I would fit in carry-on. But the stuff we need for her-ugh!
I am knitting scarves for all of the new daughters in our travel group. The orginal plan was to make as many as I could and make the rest on the flight to Beijing. But anyone who is a knitter and travels knows THAT's not going to work out! Can't bring knitting needles on the stinking plane, because, who knows-I could be a terrorist granny trying to stab the crap out of the pilot with my knitting needles! geez...
So I'm finishing the scarves before I go, and monogramming them on the plane (I was going to use a big yarn needle, but can't do that either so it's being crocheted!)
I look forward to our stopover in Toronto. We have many friends who will be coming to hang out with us for a few hours. We'll be hanging out with some really great friends, some of whom are also really great comics.
We are so thankful to everyone who has helped us along the way, and continue to do so. My best friend Jolene, who has been there with us from the very beginning of this process and was the one I cried to and with when the private adoption fell through 5 1/2 years ago, and her boyfriend are taking care of the house while we're away. We are ever so thankful to them, and to everyone else who's been there!
I can't believe it's only a couple of days away. Weather forecast in Beijing is between 15 and 20. Nanning is between 20 and 25. It will be a great vacation, and we'll be bringing back the most amazingly beautiful and special souvenir!!!!
Oh-I almost forgot! Julia is being christened in Ottawa on Easter Sunday! All of her Godparents are in Ottawa, so it makes sense to do it while we are there.
So! It's almost time to go!!!
I'll write as much as I can over the next few days!
Marie-France
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE IN THE AIR RIGHT NOW........WE ARE WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU GUYS!!!!!
HUGS AND A SAFE FLIGHT!!!!!
Joe and DIANNE
Holy Cow... Holy Cow!!! Have a wonderful flight.
Take Care Wendy
Post a Comment