Saturday, February 7, 2009

Long time coming





Ok, so I know I've neglected this blog and its readers and for that I apologize.

So here is an update on our Julia.

Julia has now been with us almost a full year. She will turn 2 years old in just a little over 2 weeks. She is still a delightful little girl and is developping into a wonderful little person.

We spent Christmas in Ottawa with family, and Julia had a wonderful time. She is SUCH a little performer!

Julia started going to daycare for a few hours at a time just before Christmas, and has been there two days a week since the beginning of January. She LOVES daycare. She has a few friends there (there are only 4 to 7 oother kids a dayin her class), and, although apparently she is very quiet with them there, she is always in a wonderful mood when I pick her up at the end of the day. She chats like crazy!

Three weeks ago, she started skating. We got these WONDERFUL skates from a place called Baby Skates (www.babyskates.com) in size Infant 4! We go skating every Tuesday afternoon.

She's also potty training now, which poses its own challenges, but which we are dealing with gracefully.

We are taking her to her second Comedy Festival next week, Moncton's Hub Cap Festival. Surely that means more photos are to come.

I expect I'll be making a trip to China in May, to visit my Best Friend Jolene. She has been teaching in China since September and is now living just outside Guangzhou, which is a nine hour train ride from Guigang. The plan is to go back to Guigang to take as many photographs as I can and hopefully meet Julia's foster parents and the people from the Orphanage who all took such good care of Julia in her first year of life.

More on this later....

3 comments:

geminirn said...

Thanks for the update....the baby skates look adorable(thanks for the link).

I'm soooo jelous that you may be going back to Guigang however would love to see updated photos and hear all about your wonderful experience.

Hugs from our home to yours!

Lisa said...

What a great update! Hmmmm. I would love to go back to China but I think I'll have to wait a few more years for that trip.

Glad to see everyone is doing well.

Hugs to all.

Family of Four said...

Nice to hear an update from your family, even though I am up to date on Facebook, lol!!! AND I am so jealous that you may go back so soon!! But happy for you. We were jsut saying how lonesome we are for China...It marks you forever I think. Happy #2 Julia!!

The Sweeney's